Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Brother

Today while I was doing the dishes at work I dreamed of what my older brother would be like, if I had one.  I know, it's a little silly to think of what a person would be like, but it is one of the many things I think of during the hour and a half of dishes (twice a day) I do at work.
So here is a list of what my brother, Timothy Lloyd would be like:

  • Tim (that's what we'd call him) would be two years older than me. (24, but that's the same age as Janel . . . hm . . .  maybe they'd be twins.
  • He would be over six feet tall (it runs in the family).
The best picture of Grandpa (Lloyd) and Dad I have on my laptop.
  • He would have been home schooled, and then gone to a little college in the hills that teaches chain saw carving. (That's his hobby.)
  • His first job would have been working at Tractor Supply, and that's when he started listening to country music (which mom doesn't really like).
  • He would have "real" muscles from working on a farm; lifting hay/straw bales, cutting wood, building fence, milking cows, etc.  (Fake muscles are the kind one gets from working out at the gym.)
  • He would play the trombone, piano and guitar.  He would be able to sing tenor and bass.
  • He would have brown hair (styled like Anthony Perkins hair in Friendly Persuasion) and blue eyes.  
One of my favorite movies!
  • He would have a farmers tan, but next year he'll roll his sleeves up.
  • We would go to Civil War reenactments together,  (he would drive) and I would take pictures of him with my camera hidden underneath a handkerchief.
Zoar Ohio 2011
  • He would be a man of his word, and have a firm hand shake.
  • He would be a 'meat and potatoes' kind of guy.
  • He would be a gentleman.
  • He would protect his sisters.
  • He could be a prankster at times.
  • He would not be embarrassed to learn ball room dancing.
  • He would have a fun and easy going personality; 'easy to get to know' kind of guy.
  • A devout Christian, who does not make any decision without praying about it. The Lord is first and foremost in his life. 
Tim would fit in really well with dad and Daniel (brother-in-law).
  • He would be well groomed and neatly dressed when going out.
  • He would be left handed. :)
  • He would not be perfect.
  • Timothy would be my brother.

I could go on and on about my brother. But unfortunately, Timothy only lives in my dreams.  I had better wake up and get back to real life.
The End.

1 comment: