Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Joy of my life

I would like to introduce you to the Joy of my life.  She is less than three feet tall, weighs less than 35 pounds and is eighteen months old.  


Little Munchkin was born at home.  She came a week or so earlier than we expected.   I was having a very bad day at college because I found out I had to re-write a whole paper.  I called home to vent a little bit.  But mom did not answer.  So I called my pregnant sister,Janel.  The phone rang and rang; no one answered.  I resorted to emailing both mom and Janel.  Then my phone rang.  "Has Daniel (Janel's husband) called you?" Mom asked.  Mom ended up telling me the news that Natasha Marie had arrived.  One would think that a first time Aunt would be smiling from ear to ear with delight.  I was the opposite.  Not that I wasn't happy - I was! However, I still had about two weeks of college left before someone could make the six hour drive down to bring me home for the summer.  I sat on my bed and cried.  After I got off the phone, I looked at my roommate and said "I'm an Aunt!"  She smiled and said "Would you like to go out for dinner?"  Roommates know just what to do when you've had a rough day!  (Love you, Julie!)
I made it home a few weeks later, and saw my little niece when the new, young family arrived at church.  I had happy tears in my eyes, which made everything blurry.  "What do you think of her?"  Janel asked.  I cannot remember exactly what I said but it was something along the lines of "I can't see her." 


Natasha has grown a lot since that first day I met her. 


This little girly loves books and shoes.  Let me re-phrase that:  She loves books and is obsessed with shoes!


If your shoes are setting around, they may walk off without you.


How can you not love a face like that?


She melts my heart.

I love you Natasha Marie.  So much! <3


2 comments:

  1. Nieces are indeed wonderful. I am excited for you for when you get to next see her. Glad you got some time with her before they left. Miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Daddy measuring her height? I love that one. You are obviously devoted to that little girl. Don't focus on how far away she is geographically, focus on how close she is to your heart.

    ReplyDelete