Saturday, April 6, 2013

Too Bright!

Janel wanted to get some nice pictures of Natasha (my niece) for Valentine's Day.  The sun was shining and it was a nice day, so out they went to get pictures. Natasha discovered how bright the snow can become when the sun is shining. 

 The outcome is a bit humorous:
"It's too bright!"
 Every time I look at these pictures I wonder if that's how the Israelites responded to Moses when he returned from talking with God on the mountain.  

"I can't open my eyes!"
 "Moses is back!" 
 "Well it's about time; he's been up there for hours!"  
"Good, I was getting tired of trying to keep his food warm."
"Whoa!  What happened to his face?!"
"What took place up there?"
"His face - it's too bright!"
"I can't open my eyes!"
"Moses, cover your face before we all get headaches! Please!"

"When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD.  When Aaron and all the Israelites saw Moses, his face was radiant, and they were afraid to come near him.
When Moses finished speaking to them, he put a veil over his face.  But whenever he entered the LORD's presence to speak with him, he removed the veil until he came out. And when he came out and told the Israelites what he had been commanded, they saw that his face was radiant. Then Moses would put the veil back over his face until he went in to speak with the LORD."   Exodus 34: 29-30, 33-35  NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment