Saturday, December 21, 2013

No Place Like Home

I am home for a few weeks since the university is on winter break and I don't have to return to work until January 13th.


Home. Yes, I've missed home.  It wasn't until I took a walk outside that I realized how many little things I miss.  The barn smell, wood smoke from the wood burner, the sound of snow crunching under my feet, Jersey cows that watch every move you make, the open sky, cats nestled in the hay, wild life footprints in the snow . . . things I didn't realize I missed until I returned. You know what's missing from the previous sentence? A dog at my side.  I miss my little Jack Russel dog. It's been a year since I had to have him put down, but I still miss him.


Living in the south where it hardly snows makes me feel sad for southern people because they don't get to experience snow.  I can't imagine life without snow every year . . . or making snow angels, or snowmen, or sledding behind the tractor, or seeing the beauty of frosted windows. . . I love to hear snow crunch under my feet.  Next to watching a baby sleep, and hearing rain on the roof, listening to snow flakes fall is one of the most peaceful things I experienced.


As this year draws to a close, I continue to be amazed, grateful and thankful for my Father's unfailing, unwavering and unconditional faithfulness to me over that past six months! The latest happening that has proved His faithfulness was guiding me to a Dr. in the south who has figured out that I don't have a sluggish thyroid. This is a Dr. who thinks outside the box and really listens to what I'm saying.  He knows how I feel before I even tell him: "You don't sleep good, do you? You don't wake up feeling energized, do you?"


 Stay tuned for my whole health store and the revealing of what I've been dealing with for about six years . . . coming at a later date, on a computer near you!

1 comment: