Friday, May 31, 2013

May This Journey

My bags are packed; the CR-V is loaded.  I'm ready to call it a day and get a good nights sleep, for tomorrow, I leave my home state. When will I return? I don't know.  Hence the feeling to take much more then I need to . . . but I've put things back in attempts to be a 'light traveler'.
Tomorrow I head for the south, where, I'm told, it's hot and humid. My first instinct is to worry because I don't like hot and humid weather.  I'd be hard pressed to find someone who does like it.  I'm trying not to think about the time when I almost passed out from over heating after picking green beans once.
I've been in a war the past few weeks; a war between worrying, and letting the Lord be in control.  Satan has made me doubt myself, my ability and physical state of being, as to whether I should go and volunteer at camp.  Then the Lord will put Satan in his place and proceed to show me a verse, or a book that makes me stop in my tracks and marvel at how He knows what I'm going through.  He's reminded me that He'll be with me, every step of the way, one day at a time, in everything I'll be doing.  He's taught me to be on the look out for Him, because where He is, there will be a victory (I love that word!).  He's taught me to have faith instead of fear, to trust instead of worry, to believe instead of doubt, to be faithful to His calling, to believe that I have what it takes to do what He's given me to do, to take one step at a time, and to look forward to what He's going to do, and how He's going to help me this summer.

"Jesus guide me through the tempest, keep my spirit staid and sure. When the midnight meets the morning, let me love You even more. 
May this journey bring a blessing, may I rise on wings of faith; And at the end of my heart's testing, with Your likeness let me wake." ~ Margaret Becker   Song: Jesus, Draw Me Ever Nearer

A list of verses that has helped me as I prepare to leave:
 1 Corinthians 15:56-57
 2 Corinthians 9:8
 2 Corinthians 12: 9
 Ephesians 2:10
 Romans 15:13
 John 10: 3b-4


No comments:

Post a Comment