Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Staying Busy

 A few weeks ago, I thought I would try a mixture of veg. oil and vinegar as paint stripper on my desk chair that is not a pretty sight to behold. It was a tedious job . . . molasses on a fall day would move faster then this so called 'paint stripper'.  I put a lot of elbow power into getting the first layer of paint off the top of the chair before I decided to throw in the rag and call it a day.
While Janel and I were sorting through cards of Grandma's, Natasha helped mom wash the doll clothes that Grandma had kept. 
I love to see clothes hanging on the line!  It looks so homey.
During one of my visit's with my cousin's, Jennifer, Rebekah and I got to volunteer at a historical farm house.  We did not get to do as much as I thought we would, but I really enjoyed re-living a different time period (1820's).  We got to ride on top of a canal boat as a pair of mules pulled us along.  An Indian who sat below us, played his Indian pipe.  I did not get any pictures during the ride, but it was so calm and peaceful!  Definitely an experience I won't be forgetting anytime soon!
L-R: cousin Jennifer, friend Bekah, and cousin Rebekah

When I wasn't stripping paint, or playing dress up, or reading cards from eons ago, I helped mom can two bushels of peaches.

There were some BIG babies in there!
The jars that did not seal went into a pie. 
Pie crust made with spelt flour.
And that's a wrap of how I stayed busy during my summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment