Monday, February 27, 2012

To Panama We Went

My friend Kristin and I had a wonderful time in Panama with my sister, her husband and their little girl!  Kristin and I kept telling/reminding each other throughout our seven day stay that "We're in Panama! We're really doing this!"  (Not that I had ever wanted to go to Panama; if it weren't for Janel being there, I would never have gone.)  I think we reminded each other because we were excited and couldn't believe we were in a country we had never dreamed of visiting.
So without further ado, here are some pictures of the wonderful time we had! 

First time I saw the sun set from the sky; pictures do not do justice!
The town of Boquete
Kristin and me.
Shopping
Sidewalk made with broken tile pieces.
I loved this sidewalk, it reminded me that the Lord can make something beautiful with broken pieces.


We went hiking and swimming for my sister's 25th birthday.  

Natasha fell asleep on the way home, from such a full day. I carried her in and she woke up. (Yes, I got sun/wind burned on my arms, neck and the back of my legs. It was about six days until I could put a shirt on without clenching my jaw.)
Volcano mountain in background.

If you hop over to my sister's wordpress, you can see more pictures of our adventures.
I enjoyed visiting Daniel, Janel and Natasha very much!  It was hard to come home. 
Kristin and I have a wonderful story to tell about God's faithfulness on our way home, but I will save that for the next post.

Verse of the week: Isaiah 43:4
"Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give men in exchange for you, and people in exchange for your life."
I don't fully understand the later part of this verse; I'm memorizing it for the first part because I need to remind myself that my Father loves me, and I am precious to Him.
Last weeks verse: Psalm 27:1
"The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?"
 What the stronghold of my life?

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures!!! And that sunburn is amazing!!! =)

    ReplyDelete