Monday, December 17, 2012

Time Together

I spent a week with my sister, brother-in-law, and niece a while ago.  Here's a picturesque view of what we did:
We got a Christmas tree. (And Janel informed me that my wardrobe did not match my hat; I think a more rugged looking jacket would look better.)
Natasha had fun playing with the Christmas decorations. (She picked out her own clothing to wear for the day.)
I longed to move into this charming little house across the road from my sister.  I love the pine trees as a back drop; they remind me of the pine trees I walked along every day on my way to class when I was at college.  I had read The Frontersman before I left for college and when I walked by the trees, I imagined Indians hiding in that woods, waiting for the opportune moment to sneak out and grab me . . . just like they did to Simon Kenton.  Back to the house . . . the only problem is that you can't see the sun set from this location.
We went shopping and Natasha enjoyed trying on different hair pieces.
I decorated a wreath for Janel's utility room door. 
We had a gingerbread house party but used cardboard for the houses.  Natasha had such fun playing with all the candy. 
Janel and her sister-in-law introduced me to Downton Abbey, which inspired Janel to try Miss Mary's hairstyle on me.  It turned out rather nice, which made me feel a bit like royalty.
 I am inspired by the house, the interior, the clothing, hairstyles and the theme song.  
My 'gingerbread' house . . . my 'log cabin' construction has some flaws.  I think I'll stick with interior work, and leave the construction to someone else.




1 comment: