Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Irish Rosette

St. Patrick's day sneaked up on me this year.  I'm not one of those people who loves to 'party' and celebrate the day, but due to my Scotch/Irish heritage, I do like to wear green for the day.  I was scheduled to work on St. Patrick's and that meant having to wear my chef's outfit. 
This is a chef's uniform:

I have to wear black pants and a black apron.  If you have noticed, there is no green associated with this chef's clothing color scheme.  So I decided to make a little Irish Rosette to pin on my apron. 

It went together quite well and was easy to hand stitch. 
Not the best picture . . . camera was not focused right.
I used a spare button from my Civil War stash.  It was about the only one I could find that was the right size and had 'the' look I was hunting for.  I am rather pleased with how the rosette turned out.  It looked nice against a black apron.

Verse of the week:
"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart. I will tell of all your wonders.  I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to you name, O Most High."
Psalm 9:1 & 2 

1 comment: